CINEVEO - Virtual Reality Cinema
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jittery view

2 posters

Go down

Jittery view Empty Jittery view

Post by Tonyg Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:31 pm

I really like what you're doing with the app, it's one of the best right now. I was just hoping you could fix the jittery view I get when using it with my Moto G 2014. I am aware that the app is designed for more high-end phones, but luckily my device runs the app just fine save for the shaky motion that makes it difficult to select any action. I came across a post on reddit in which a developer perhaps found a fix for this issue: applying a median filter. As I am not a developer, I don't understand most of what is discussed there, but you might be able to make some sense of it and hopefully can apply it to the app.

Unfortunately, it seems that because I am a new user I can't post the link to the reddit post.

Tonyg

Back to top Go down

Jittery view Empty Re: Jittery view

Post by CINEVEO Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Since the v1.7.6 update, the performance and frame rate of the CINEVEO app has increased quiet a bit. However, a Moto G 2014 is simply not capable of handling such an advanced 3D virtual reality app. There is technically no way to make it run smooth on your device. You can try selecting "The Void" theme which disables all graphics, dynamic lighting and the multiplayer audience. Perhaps this will speed up the app enough to make it function decently on your device.

You could also email us the link to the Reddit post. Any hack or trick to speed up our app is more than welcome!
CINEVEO
CINEVEO
Admin

http://www.mindprobelabs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyg Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Well, the thing is, the app runs just fine, not slow at all. It just jitters a lot that simply trying to select something with the 3D cursor is a difficult task. Selecting the Void theme doesn't change that in any way, I still get a shaky experience.
Anyway, this is the link I was referring to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoogleCardboard/comments/335ins/fix_for_jittery_gyroscopes_such_as_moto_g

I would've emailed it, but I wanted to make sure you would see it and it wouldn't end up lost in a sea of email. Thanks for your time and effort.

Tonyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum